Soul Pea Layout

Good morning crafty peeps!

What is Soul Pea you ask? Well, it is a colour. The colour of the month for the White ... With 1 blog to be exact. My description would be that it is similar to mint green, but with a more yellow undertone - if that makes any sense - and totally dependent on your monitor/ phone/ camera colour settings!

I've decided to include the gorgeous White ... With 1 September mood board picture:


My layout:


A bit of a different layout for me this time. It is a deconstructed style. 

After digging through my stash to find all my embellishments of the appropriate colour, I found I had a whole bunch of numbers and decided to use them as the main element on the page. They were on a 12 x 12 piece of patterned paper with all numbers from 1-31 (it was for dates of the month) and in colours of greens, pinks and yellows. I then started laying them down on a blank page and decided early on that I wanted them to be in order.

I also liked the idea of them being by themselves, not overlapping, and decided to go for a deconstructed style of layout for this one. I then filled in the gaps with other Soul Pea and white elements.





Of course there is also a photo, which is layered on top of a doily, white tissue paper and paint samples! I included three paint samples (instead of patterned paper) and one of them was named Soul Mate - so I left the name visible down the side of the photo. A couple more embellishments and it was done.

With this style of layout it really doesn't take a lot of supplies. It didn't help make it any faster for me though - it was quite a challenge to stay simple and deconstructed!

See you next week,
Jessica T

Comments

  1. Wow. Great job on the "Soul Pea" paint sample! I like your numbered and deconstructed page.
    Thanks for joining us at White ... with 1.
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well doesn't this work brilliantly Jessica! Love your interpretation and the numbers work so well. Many thanks for sharing with us on White..with 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever design, and great way to use up some numbers and paper. Thanks for joining us at WW1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just as your title says - "beautiful" for your layout. Love the numbers, great idea! Thanks for joining us at White ... with 1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its nice to do something different when scrapping sometimes and I like how you have done that with your deconstructed page. Those coloured numbers matched perfectly.
    Thank you for joining White with 1 this month

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take a bow because this is such a clever design that works beautifully. Thanks for joining us and playing along at WW1

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts