Multi-photo Pregnancy Layout

Good morning fellow crafters.

Today's project is a layout. It is one I have been meaning to do for, well, literally years. Not only did I want to scrap the photos years ago, but I also purchased the products years ago too. I just never got around to scrapping it - as I never got the photos printed. Until recently.

I wanted to scrap all the photos taken during my pregnancy (8 years ago!) together, so that I could see my growing bump. I've seen other people do many versions on blogs and pinterest. I do wish I was in the same outfit for each one, or the same colour palette of clothes each time, or at least the same location - but at least I got a few side on pictures (six in total).

I changed five of the photos to black and white leaving only one in colour (the only photo in which I was wearing blue). I cropped them all so I was the same size in each picture (as some photos were from a distance while others were close up). And I flipped some of the photos so I'm facing the same direction in each photo for continuity. I printed three pictures on each 6x4 photo. I'm not sure I would've done all that if I had done the layout years ago, so in a way I'm glad I didn't do it earlier.

Now onto the papers. A few years ago I found a handful of gorgeous papers and have hoarded them. Honestly, what are you supposed to do with gorgeous papers? If they have a busy pattern they are too busy for a base for a layout. Or you cover it all up. If you use smaller pieces to mat photos etc you can't see the pattern. And the paper is too busy for a photo mat. Dilemma.

I eventually decided on using a strip of the gorgeous patterned paper on the bottom, a strip of less-busy gorgeous patterned paper across the middle, behind the photos, and the top strip was just a piece I found in my stash to coordinate. I did a few things to tie them together, like a doodled border and some water colour.

The embellishments were a set I purchased years ago for this layout - the only pregnancy based thing I ever purchased. I had cut the packaging to fit it in my storage, but I believe it was Bella Blvd. It was mainly white, with some printed pieces. I water coloured them all - the entire title and the edges of the majority of the embellies.

That's enough talking, now onto the layout itself!


I watercoloured an area from top left to bottom right, in behind the photos and embellishments, to tie together the three distinct paper strips. Those bunnies at the bottom there, I did a little yellow watercolour on their tails to make them stand out from the page.


I watercoloured all the bright white edging of Mr stalk here. I wrote how many weeks along I was above each photo - the dates weren't important for this page. I used alpha stickers for my subtitle.


I watercoloured the title in blue, with little bits of green for a bit of depth to the colour. I added sequins to the flower centres. You can just see in the top right corner that my one coloured photo is also attached on foam for dimension - the shadow perfectly demonstrating why!


And I watercoloured that one too! The bright white just didn't suit with the cream based paper. I outlined small segments of each embellishment for a bit of a shadow effect. And I did some ink splatters in the area of the page that I added watercolour paint too.

It is a rather busy page for me, but I've finally used my hoarded paper, pregnancy embellishments and scrapped my pregnancy photos!

Until next week,
Jessica T

Comments

Popular Posts