June/ July Challenge

The layout I have today is for the June & July Sketch Challenge from Artfull Crafts.
Here is the sketch:
And here is my take on it:
I found this wonderful paper in my stash and wanted to use it as is, without covering up those cute trees. So I flipped the sketch over and used a mirror image of it. And instead of using a big piece of patterned paper under the photos, I roughly sewed a rectangle and splattered some mist in there.
 I also did some sewing detail on the trees. The tree on the left will be filled with all the personal details of his birth.
Te photos are all attached with foam dots for dimension. The last photo is attached with a thicker foam than the other two, to make it the main focus.
I had this cute little motif in my stash (for many years) that I also added with the thicker foam dots.

I also added photo corners like in the sketch, but I adhered them under the corners of the photos.
I hope you like my approach to this sketch.
JessicaT

UPDATE: I won the sketch challenge with this entry :-) Here is the blog announcement.

Comments

Popular Posts